(no this will not be an entry about the Lasalle-Ateneo game... by the way.. GO DLSU!! yay!)
I thought my untarnished record in driving will have it's first encounter with the Men in Blue. The MMDA sucks.
Or is it just me?! Did I not really see the sign (in pink and white) ON A FRIGGIN SUNDAY AFTERNOON... to not go into the yellow lane from the third lane to take a right to Ayala Ave?!?! I was the first car that they stopped... and then around 5 cars followed. I don't get it!!! And these people have a schedule. Mornings are free for all. They won't catch you simply because they're not there. They're on the other side of EDSA... prying on unsuspecting North Bound motorists. In the Afternoons they'll be on the other side....
LIZ: "Sir... bakit po?"
MMDA: "Swerving po kayo"
LIZ: "Ha? Bakit ganun? Eh everyday ako dumadaan sa EDSA papuntang Ayala Ave... never naman ako nahuli"
MMDA: "Kasi po sa umaga nandun kami sa kabila. Lisensya ninyo po"
(at this point I was looking for my license)
LIZ: "Sir.. bakit po ganun? In the afternoon lang kayo naghuhuli ng tao? Nakakalito naman yun.
MMDA: (he already has my license) "Nakaschedule po kami. Dito kami sa hapon. Sa kabila kami sa umaga.
LIZ: maldita-but-in-a-sweet-voice mode "OMG! That's quite inconsistent! People will be confused if you do that. They won't actually know what to follow! How inconsistent! So technically in the morning we could swerve from the third lane to the inner lane... but in the afternoons we can't? I don't get it. How come there is a schedule?
MMDA: handing my license back to me. Ok na po.... and he walked away...
[no joke... he just walked away... serious]
Nakuha sa English.
as we were driving away:
MAMA: Naku! nagdidilihensya (?!) lang sila. Dapat binigyan natin ng pagkain.
30.9.07
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Hahahah, that's priceless!
You are now an official member of the English-speaking club, Liz.
Yay! Membership upgrade! haha
Post a Comment