*movie spoilers included*
The long wait is over... finally... I got to watch The Lake House (now I'm waiting for Devil Wears Prada). Remake of Il Mare... the film that made me love korean movies (this movie, My Sassy Girl, The Classic and My Little Bride). The remake was great because of two things: Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves (KEANU!!!!!!) but I like the Korean version better.
The original has a better ending (in my opinion). I love sad and sappy endings that leave you hanging, stunned and rushing to the bathroom for extra tissue to wipe of the tears of sadness. The korean version was waaaaay to slow compared to the new one. Sa sobrang bagal... minsan maiinip ka pero gusto mo parin ituloy ang nakakaiyak na kwento. I loved the way the korean version established everything (timeline, storyline.. blah blah). In the middle of the movie... you wouldn't go "pucha!!! panu yun ngyari?!? pano niya nalagay yung libro sa loob ng sahig...?!?"
But then again. The new version had the best kilig moment. The dance! mehn! The dance!
The ending wasn't so great for The Lake House. Quick ending. Keanu just showed up. And they kissed and hugged... and kissed and hugged... and kissed and hugged (but the 10th time... the credits begin to appear) I absolutely love Il Mare's version. It makes me cry everytime I see it (ok fine. I've seen this movie 5 times... and everytime a tears just involuntarily falls). Somehow you just cry and cry with Jeon Ji-Hyun (My Sassy Girl, Windstruck), thinking that punyeta! why did he have to cross the street to just tell her to go to states with her asshole boyfriend, punyeta! he dedicated a house for her in Jeju island! punyeta! ang ganda nung bahay... sa drawing! Oooohhh... then back to the beginning of the movie where she writes the first letter. She brings out a box.. goes back to the house. Then... a guy comes to pick up her stuff. They she goes out.. with Cola (the cute dog). She just stops and says to the guy... (kunwari marunong ako magkorean...)
"who are you?"No kiss, no hug... and a very nice view of the house. Ok fine. Not the most kilig moment ever. But if you watch it... you'll get it.
Then the camera switches to the guy, he brings out the letter and says
"I'm going to tell you a very long story. Can you trust me?"
enter background music


No comments:
Post a Comment