9.1.06

New Year, Old Resolutions

I'm finally updating my blog. Found out this can help you in copywrting... but then again. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS COPYWRITING. Only writing. Haha

I was reading my blog from last time and i'm happy to report that I actually stuck (and still sticking) to some of the resolutions I made. Well... the easy ones at least.

(Rewind... 365 + 9 days ago)

  1. not cram -- I did not do this and I never will do this. But I will try.
  2. not procrastinate -- Same as above. I will still try this year.
  3. participate in class -- Still trying to get over the fear of speaking up in class. Yes. I am shy inside the classroom.
  4. learn how to drive -- I'm getting there. Got my TIN. Paid for my lessons at AAP. Got my car. Got no time to schedule my driving lessons. Got no License.
  5. exercise at least 30 minutes a day or go to the gym at least 3 times a week -- I did this at the begining and at the end of the year. I actually took boxing lessons at Clark Hatch. Sad to say I am still horizonally challenged... and full of mass.
  6. not cut any class for no reason -- YAY! I'm happy I did not cut this year. I did not cut because I was lazy or because I wanted to watch a movie. I had reasons for all my cuts.
  7. try to keep my diet of Ultrim at least every other month -- This I will scrap. Becuase I HATE Ultrim... although it does work. Maybe i'll try it when I again realize that taking Ultrim is good.
  8. learn a new language -- I tried to actually learn Japanese. I bought one of the You-can-learn-Japanese-while-listening-to-this-darn-cd-over-and-over-again kind of thing. And NO. It did not work for me.
  9. study before watching all the asian telenovelas -- this I did. It's either watch TV or fail miserabley. I chose the first one. Besides they sell them in Metrowalk.
  10. practice my cello and piano... 30 minutes each day
  11. -- yay!! I did this too... for piano. I kinda forgot how to play the cello anyway.
  12. try to save money and stop buying useless stuff
  13. -- I still buy useless stuff.
  14. read 1 novel/book which is not related to school per month -- I did this! I actually went over and read around around 15 books.


Now for this years resolution:

  1. I will still try to do what I can today and not do it tomorrow
  2. I will save up at least 500 a month because "Shooots! that's good business"
  3. I will participate and speak my mind in class if i really have to
  4. I will REALLY learn how to drive... and try to drink less
  5. I will exercise 30 minutes a day and eat the least amount to carbo that my mind (and stomach) will allow me
  6. I will resist the temptation to go and buy 3 dvds a week and save it for something else
  7. I will again read at least 12 books or more this year not related to school
  8. I will persue my dream to become a rockstar and play the cello until I cannot feel my fingers

I can't think of more resolutions that I am sure I will break.

Hopefully by the time 2007 comes around I will say to myself... "Well done liz. Let's eat."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"...and try to drink less" ---GOOOOOOOOOODDDDDLUUUCCCKKK!!!!!!!!! ---aspe

Anonymous said...

"... and try to drink less" -- nooooo, you promised we'd go drinking until we pass out!!! you promised!

Lizette said...

lia: naku naman! new year resolutions are meant to be broken. hahaha :D of course we will drink til we pass out when you come here. Until then.. less drinking to save money for your err... homecoming?! hahaha

aspe: I need all the luck. I will be a sober up this year. haahaha (yeah right!!)