9.6.08

Me in the City

Oh my god I can't believe it, I've never been this far away from home.
- Oh My God, Kaiser Chiefs

*i apologize for the title. it's the most i can do. eh totoo naman eh. nasa city ako. (yuh!)

One week in New York City... and I haven't done much. Ok not really, I went around the city (I love SoHo!) and bummed around. Went to museums because of the Museum Mile Festival. All museums free: Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum(trivia: I think this is where they filmed the wedding scene of Gossip Girl), National Academy Museum and the Met (of course I had to take a picture of the steps. Too bad though they weer fixing it) The highlight for me was the Greek/Roman exhibit at the Met and the Superhero exhibit. Not really a comic book fan but they showed the costumes... and mostly the fashion that goes with it. Kinda weird though. Haute-couture is weird. (side kwento: I saw Ethan Hawke... all sweaty at Central Park... he just jogged right in front of me and I it took my a full 5 second to say... "pucha artista yun ah"

Random one line (or two) kwentos:
  • I bought a Holga! And I used it last Saturday for Coney Island. I hope it comes out... good (depending if it actually did work. Took me 30 mins to figure out how to put the film in)
  • Walking sucks. Espscially if it's so hot. I miss my car.
  • I got lost on the train because I fell asleep.
  • Coney Island is NOT like the movies. I pictured with a significantly lesser number of people on the beach. Sort of like... umm... Two Weeks Notice
  • Slept for a total of 10 hours the whole week... it's too hot. Sweating is not conducive to sleeping
  • Starving tourist: Microwave bread and pasta sauce for breakfast/brunch and dinner
  • Had the most expensive (according to my "filipino" wallet) movie. Sex and the City. But it was worth it. No cuts from the conservative MTRCB.
  • I bought a new Ipod... and the only songs I have (and have been listening to for a week now) Bloc Party, Mamma Mia Broadway Soundtrack, Legally Blonde Musical and Step Up 2. I miss my mp3 collection at home.
It's Monday and I'm half-excited to go out. It's HOT. I know it's hotter in Manila. But you don't really notice how hot it is outside because we don't even walk outside. It's from the front door straight to the air-conditioned car and inside the freezing office (for those of you hard working people) or to the mall (for us, the unemployed bums).

Hoping that this week will be better. Got tickets to see a show on wednesday for only $45. Then Parsons the day before that. Dinner with Tita Telly. Staten Island with Camille's sister. Hopefully, I'll get to visit Pratt and the Art Institute. Please God. Let there be a little less sunshine and a lot less of the heat wave.

STILL NOT FORGIVING MYSELF FOR NOT GETTING TICKETS TO THE KOOKS. I HATE! I HATE!

No comments: