31.7.07

Harry Potter and the End of the Series

No Spoilers here...

I've been putting it off for a week now. Sooner or later I would be reading the beginning of the end. I bought the book a week after it was released. Maybe because I really don't want it to end. Why does it have to end? Why can't it go on forever (parang unfortunate events... parang walang balak tapusin yung libro ni limonisnikit!)

Ang drama noh? Para lang kay Harry. On to better things.

Recommended book: The World is Flat by Thomas L.Friedman
Sabi nga ni papah with emotions ha: "Liz. Sinabi na nga ni Galileo that the world is round!! How can the world be flat?"

Globalization. Outsourcing. Interoperable. India. China.
It's not the usually book that I read. It's pretty good. A real page turner. (kadiri... nagattempt mag review ng book) It explains the whole globalization thing, the internet's role in all of that... and of course the "flattening" of the world. And then may creepy paragraph / line / sentence dun about the Berlin Wall. Somthing to do with 11/9 and 9/11 (the WTC). Kinda long to read though... but very interesting. If you don't want to read it... there's always the wikipedia summary: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World_is_Flat. I haven't finished the book yet though. But so far so good.

No comments: