24.7.06

First day.... low?!

(pwet! pangit yung title)

The "first day of the rest of my life" was a boring one. Nothing exciting happened. Alot of missing stuff at the office. Eto malupit na tanong... How the hell are you going to charge a MiniDV camera when you don't know where the heel to find the damn charger?!

Yes dear world wide web, today was the first day of work:

(ooopppsss... late for 15 mins the first day. Pero flexible naman daw sila.)

Arrived at 9:15 -- Fill up forms. Read guidlines. Fill up more forms. Read more guidelines.

Around 9:00 -- Trouble shoot the damn Mac. (Ok... second time I used Mac with photoshop. My PC brain couldn't help but feel amazed at the fact of dragging everything. Ganun pala yun. Drag ka lang ng drag. Amazing!)

10:00 - 12:00 -- Orientation. Basically the same thing that I studied in Retail Marketing. So I wasn't really paying attention. Haha. For course there was the occasional nodding of the head and the "flash-that-fake-and-very-i'm-interested-this-is-my-first-time-hearing-this" smile. They talked about IMC and about how we should be friendly to the customers. Then I imagined Dr. K and IMC Principles and his Citibank story. Then she was saying something about retail marketing and the in-store TVs in the supermarkets with the fact that customers are impulse buyers. Then I imagined Ms. Itchay and her Mac book. Then.... then... then... yun lang.

12:00 - 1:00 -- The much awaited Lunch Break. Sort of free lunch of laing. Ok... I never tasted laing and I had to force myself to eat it! But it was ok... free home cooked meal. Hehe

1:00 - 5:00 -- I'm going to cry and curse the heavens if I see another stock photo book!! I had to look at three books two times because she wanted me to look at the lighting. Ok fine. It was a reaaaaalllyy quiet office. I cannot stress enough how quiet the office was. Naturally, after lunch... nakatulog ako. HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA. Tsk tsk... sleeping on the first day of work. Hahahaha. Lintek na laing! hahaha

5:00 - 7:00 -- Running around, going back and forth to look for a charger. We found one and the videocam charger was still missing. At this point I was again amazed that my responsibility includes 1 Sony MiniDV, 1 Sony HDV, 1 Canon EOS20 and 1 Nikon Coolpix camera. Asenso Liz! Pero... alam mo ba kung pano gumamit niyan? *At this point I think I should stop and search for an online manual for the Mini DV and the Nikon camera.*

I left the office at around 7:15 and drove to Makati Med. Yay! I can already drive at night! Yay for me again for driving in EDSA last night! Yay for me!!

I was supposed to donate my blood today for my lola but I didn't. Ok... wierd moment: two guy nurses asked me when was my last day for menstruation. *blush involuntarily* hahaha nahiya bigla maging babae. My gosh! I didn't know that around 500ml (equivalent to a plastic bottle of Coke) of blood will be taken! Then they asked,
"ma'am kelan kayo kumain"
"kanina pang mga lunch"
"12 o'clock"
"oo"
"ma'am baka kayo himatayin"
"cge bukas nalang ako babalik para magbigay ng dugo"
Yes. Natakot ako. Then I was relating the experience to my dad... my dad goes.
"Why are you scared liz? If you faint you're already inside the hospital...?"
Onga naman.

4 comments:

dohteeh said...

gorgeous! it's me again your blog fan. hahaha!

pareho tayo ng 1st day. weepee! mac din gamit ko sa office. amazing noh? hahaha.

ay naku, buti ka nga inorient pa. ako binigyan lang ng list ng gagawin ko tapos nakatanga lang ako dun for like eternity thinking kung pano ko gagawin yun. hahaha! oh well, good luck to us!

Anonymous said...

shocks...you talk so like....businessman now...like...what's retail marketing?!

Lizette said...

like... i can't remember?! hahaha

Lizette said...

oye sam! hehe

er... i don't get it? ha?! picutres into the file?